This is another book found in my self-help collection from the older times.
Mr Glass in this book makes a partial remake or possibly follow up of her Verbal Self defense but seems more specific regarding to the other book as it goes closely to toxic persons that defending in general
ON the start the book deals with all characteristics (more than 120! )that imply in a toxic person then it analyses the behavior and on how you can understand of a person is toxic from the discussions you may have.
The techniques it describes are identical to the other book with possibly less wording and then on how to cope with them , using a series of strategies referred in the previous chapter (8)
All remain chapters on the end ,which are mostly for motivation, seem not to have any relation with the defense book but hey seem to me quite interesting as well as moving .
What I loved in this book are he stories she noticed. Some of them are relatively funny but some of them are moving
Even the wording is somehow funny . As for example : klutz , emotional refrigerator , gloom and doom , jokester
MY rating : 4/5 (mostly for the end chapters )
Here is a index :
- Is there a toxic person in your life ?
- Toxic behavior
- What makes toxic people act the way they do
- Identifying the toxic people in your life
- The 30 types pf toxic terrors
- 10 types of handling toxic people
- Techniques of handling types of toxic terrors
- Choose he tech based on the persons role
- Dealing with the anger and hurt of a toxic relationship
- He importance of of outward self toxic image inventory
- Revitalizing the toxic relationship
- Get on with your life