The sales bible by Jeff Gitomer
As you may know the older times I studied marketing on 80s (you may look at more in my page in Google sites at zliangas) This author and his book have been found on mid 90s via search for sales techniques in the internet of the older times. One of the pages i was looking those older times was SBS which then stopped
‘The sales bible’ is not exactly a method of selling as many others of the market ie rather university type . As Jef says in his book , this is merely a complete hands on guide form his practices from read world techniques he applied after many years of his work . As with any practice book anyone can use it and adapt to his own style.
Also this book is a series of articles Jeff has presented to a magazine of the area . Each article is a 2-4 max pages length with condensed techniques on how to cope in any case . Ideas and how to’s in a total of 340 pages book bigger than A5 size and hardbound..
The design is rather simple DTP though the use of fonts is rather humorous in a way you can call 'impressing' and memorable
Another very interesting thing on the book is the xx.5 rules ,which the last 0.5 rule is mostly the most important
Not only the above, but the book is also very motivational. IN several cases ha also referred to the gurus of selling Tom Hopkins ( I knew him the times of 80s and from a US magazine [ie before getting to know Jef ] who wrote the excellent book 'how to master the art of selling' another excellent sales book which then lost more recently and also Zig Ziglar and the other guru Ken Blachard the author of the one minute manager a book that I thin has been translated into Greek )
The language is very simple with very few unknown words in a nice and easy to read text and quite easy 'digestible'
IN the pack there were :
- The book
- Flash cards look at the right photo
- A floppy disk of 3.5”
This edition is of 1994 as you may understand
My rating : 10/10 and is an excellent and handy reference to any prospective salesman .Sad that I stopped sales since 2000 , as I then worked for the Uni . I recently given this book to a very close friend who works as dealer.
Would like to see this book also in e-form which would-be handier for any prospective or non salesman who would like to read it any time in his smart phone (it is not still in e-book as I checked in Jeff’s web page, there are only some more 'niche' eBooks The 'bible' is only in audio format )
Here is a condensed index of the book (the 94 edition I don’t know if the latest version is more extended ) :
- Rules : secrets fun : genesis book of rules, Book of secrets , book of bog secrets , book of humor (something very important in business negotiations )
- Preparing the WOW . The book of WOW , book of questions , book of power
- Book of introduction / book of calling
- Making a great presentation Objection , close follow up, book of objectives , book of dsing , book of persistence
- Woes and foes : book of lamentations , competition
- All hail the king the customer : book of customer service
- Spreading the gospel : book of communication , exhibition
- Prophets and profits : leadership trends prophets
- Up your income (book of numbers )
- Can i get an amen ? (book of exodus )